VisionCare Specialists has resumed care for our patients! Our “new normal” will include policies and procedures that are intended to ensure the health and well-being of our patients and staff based upon recommendations from our professional organizations, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and directives from Governor’s office.
Here are some highlights for a typical visit that outline some of the new safeguards:
- Our schedules will be modified in order to limit the number of persons in the office to better allow for social distancing.
- All patients will be pre-screened prior to their appointment as directed by the CDC and American Optometric Association for things such as possible COVID(+) exposures as well as any symptoms or recent travel to "hot spots".
- Patients should come alone to their appointments or have others remain in the car. Exceptions are made for minors and those in need of support.
- To help stop the spread of germs, we ask that patients use the washroom at home or work before coming to our office. The washroom here should be used for emergencies only.
- Our door will be locked so patients will call when they arrive at the office from their vehicle. Our staff will again screen patients with questions for COVID(+) exposures and symptoms. If all is good, they will instruct the patient to come in.
- At this time, Face Masks/Face Coverings are Required to enter the office. Patients will enter, use the hand sanitizer and have their temperature taken with a touchless thermometer.
- Any patients with recent COVID(+) exposures, symptoms such as coughing or body temperatures greater than 100 degrees F will simply be rescheduled to a later date. Although this may be disappointing for the patient, it is a safety precaution to other patients and staff. Please consider that there is no current cure or vaccine for the deadly COVID-19 virus and no chances should be taken.
- Extensive disinfection procedures are used in all areas of our practice throughout the day and of course following each patient interaction.
- Sneeze guards/clear barriers have been installed throughout the office and exam rooms.
- We have a simple guideline to make glasses selection as easy as possible considering the new safety precautions. All frames on our frame boards have been cleaned and disinfected. Patients can try on any frame they would like, just once “tried on”, we ask the patients not to put them back up so the frames can first be cleaned and disinfected before going back on the displays.
We will try to make every element of the patient experience effective, efficient and as safe as possible. We look forward to seeing and caring for you soon!